Businesses are powerful constituents of society and the most successful, respected, and desirable businesses exist to do much more than make money; they exist to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Bharat Parenterals Limited is engaged in variety of social projects that involves health, primary education, skills training and entrepreneurship, livelihoods, women empowerment and strengthening services for the differently-abled. The company truly believes that profit making is not the ultimate goal and thus strives to make a difference in the society thru noble means.
Every year the CSR Committee of the Company place for the Board’s approval, a CSR plan delineating the CSR programs to be carried out during the financial year and the specified budget thereof. The Board considers and approves the CSR plan with any modification that may be deemed necessary. The CSR contribution made by the company till date can be described as follows:
During year 2014-15
- We believe that education and skill development are the cornerstones of a progressive society and thus, we seek to provide quality education, training and skill enhancement to improve the quality of living and livelihood. The Company focuses on promoting primary and secondary education, enabling higher education through scholarships, promoting higher education through setting up and supporting universities and skill development through vocational training. During the year, an amount of Rs. 6,23,500/- was contributed for promoting education, including special education vocational skills.
During year 2015-16
The Company took over various community service projects during year 2015-16 which included rural development and educational improvisation. A glimpse of the same is provided below:
- An amount of Rs. 6,34,856/- spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care and free supply of medicines to flood affected areas in the state Jammu & Kashmir via Jammu Kashmir Relief Fund.
- Rs.8,06,250/- spent for installation of pure drinking water/(RO) plant in the village Haripura, Taluka- Savli, District-Vadodara Gujarat-India for the benefit of almost 1100 Village people.
- Rs. 89,670/- incurred towards students uniform provided to Muvaltank Primary School- Muval-Taluka Savli, District-Vadodara. Gujarat-India for the benefit of 250 students.
- Rs. 5,06,500/- spent towards promoting education, including special education vocational skills for children and get benefit of 600 students.
During year 2016-17
Reinforcing its commitment towards sustainability, the company spent an amount of Rs. 10,41,248/-by supplying free medicines to Shree Gujarat Vanvasi Kalyan Parishad, 4-Nutan colony, Near SSG hospital, Vanikarpaga, Salatwada, Vadodara-390001.Gujarat-India for the welfare of poor people, Rs.5,22,000/- towards promoting education amongst children of the poor workers of the villages nearby, Rs.1,80,000/- towards water tank under “Gram Jal and Swachata Samiti” Project and Rs.51,000/- contribute to “Anoopam Mission” for “Pragnan Tirth – Sarvangi Shikshan Sansthan” Project.
In addition to this, Rs. 46,603/- were spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care and free supply of medicines to Sewa Rural- Society for education welfare at Bharuch, Gujarat.
During year 2017-18
The spend towards healthcare goods and services is only around 4.2% of the national GDP, with wide gaps between the rural and urban populations in its healthcare system which worsens the problem. A staggering 70% of the population still lives in rural areas and has no or limited access to hospitals and clinics. Bharat Parenterals Limited endeavors to bring quality healthcare closer and accessible to the communities through its health interventions. During year 2017-18, the Company focused and participated in following projects:
- Rs.1,00,000/- paid to Convenor Model District Programme, Vadodara towards welfare activity and Rs.1,00,000/- paid to Akshar Trust, Vadodara.
- An amount of Rs. 5, 34,000/- spent for promoting education, including special education vocational skills. The project intends to develop the children from the underprivileged community by motivating and mentoring them to evolve positive attitudes and behavior in Education, Health, and Gender Equality, and to develop their socio-emotional skills.
Rs. 16,74,071/- spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care
and free supply of medicines to Following Five institutions :
- Shree Vidhyagure Foundation, Amreli
- Shri Maruti Jivan Jyot Trust, Chhota Udaipur
- Sewa Rural, Bharuch
- Shree Gajanand Sewa Samiti, Gandhinagar
- Shree Gujarat Vanvasi Kalyan Parisad
During year 2018-19
- The Cost of Rs.9,06,610/- is incurred for implementation of “Sujlam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan – 2018” initiated by Government of Gujarat. The said activity is executed in the Jambudiapura Village, Vadodara, Gujarat. Government targets to create an additional 11,000 lakh sq. ft capacity of rain water storage through this project.
- Rs. 1,20,000/- incurred towards students scholarship provided to “Sankheda Dasalad Samaj” Vadodara, Gujarat-India for the benefit of 23 students.
The company is committed to continually explore new opportunities which align to its CSR philosophy and create maximum impact and incrementally invest in CSR activities to spend the prescribed CSR amount in the subsequent years.